About Melamed Architect
We are full service architecture and interior design firm based in New York City's Tribeca neighborhood; founded by Yossi Melamed in 2010.
We have grown from early projects, such as our interior renovation and building additions, to our latest—an 18-story mixed-use tower and 40,000 square-feet ground-up residential building—by our dedication to our clients, and our wish to help them envision and realize the best possible outcomes.
About Yossi Melamed
Yossi Melamed is a registered architect in New York and New Jersey and the founder of Melamed Architect. Born and raised in Israel, Yossi came to the United States in 1998 to study architecture. He earned a Bachelor of Architecture from CUNY School of Architecture, Urban Design and Landscape Architecture. Yossi is an avid surfer and he enjoys music, fine wine and cooking for his wife and two daughters.
Competitions and Awards
- 2017 Castle Resort, conversion design of a medieval fortress into an exclusive tourist facility, Roccamandolfi, Italy
- 2009 The Light Box: Museum, pavilion design competition organized by Tent London U.K.
- 2008 Green Grand Central, kiosk design competition organized by USGBC, honorable awar
- 2006 The Hot Seat, chair design competition organized by Metropolis and OFS
- 2003 The Highline, international design competition organized by Friends of the Highline
- 2002 Best Thesis, recognized by the thesis faculty for winery project, first place
- 2001 American Institute of Architects, Eleanor Allwork student portfolio competition, second place